Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Roll has a creamy center and pecan & chocolate chips on the outside. The perfect hostess gift for holiday parties.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Roll
This pumpkin roll recipe has been hiding in my recipe box for over 15 years. And I’ve never made it. Anyone else out there like that? A friend made this for me and I just had to have the recipe. I guess I needed it so badly that it ended up sitting for 15 years before I even tried making it myself.
There are just too many good foods and so little time to eat them all.
I’ve got to be honest. One of the reasons why I never made this recipe was because I thought it would take forever. The thought of making a cake, rolling it up, unrolling it, frosting it, then rerolling it? Just too many steps for me, and too many chances for it not to turn out right.
But this morning I finally dusted off the recipe and tried it. I was pleasantly surprised that this was one of the fastest and easiest recipes I’ve ever made!
Here’s what made this quick:
1. No need for a stand mixer. These ingredients come together quickly and effortlessly.
2. The cake only bakes 15 minutes.
4. And rolling it up? I definitely had the kids attention on this one. They all wanted to help me roll up this cake!
4. The filling is easy and re-rolling the cake is a breeze.
The hardest part was the wait while this Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Roll sat in the fridge and got nice and cold.
This pumpkin roll has a cream cheese filling with nuts and chocolate chips on top.
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- Mix together the eggs, pumpkin and sugar until combined. Add in the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spray a 10x15" cookie sheet with cooking spray. Line the pan with wax paper. Spread the batter on the wax paper. Sprinkle the top with the chopped pecans and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a cheesecloth with powdered sugar. Turn the cake over onto the cheesecloth and remove the wax paper. Roll the cake up along the long edge and refrigerate until cooled.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the filling. Cream the cream cheese and butter together. Then add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Once the cake is cooled, unroll the cake from the dishtowel and place it on a plate. Spread the filling over the cake and reroll. Wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If desired, leave out the nuts or the chocolate chips.