Pumpkin Dinner Rolls are egg free and filled with pumpkin spice flavor. This quick and easy pumpkin recipe makes the perfect bread for Thanksgiving dinner. You may also love our pumpkin spice muffins!
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe
One of our most popular recipes are our buttery soft rolls, but today I’m sharing with you a pumpkin dinner rolls recipe that is giving that fluffy dinner roll a little competition! Meet our newest recipe…Pumpkin Dinner Rolls that are egg free, soft, and have a lightly spiced flavor.
Easy Yeast Rolls
If you are new to making yeast breads, these pumpkin yeast rolls are one of the easiest recipes to start with. I find working with pumpkin very forgiving. With the help of Red Star Yeast’s Platinum yeast, these rolls bake up tall and fluffy, every time!
How do you keep dinner rolls warm?
Keeping dinner rolls warm is easy if you have some dry beans on hand. Wrap dry beans in a cloth napkin and heat in the microwave until the beans are very warm. Place another large cloth napkin in a bread bowl and allow the edges to overhang the bowl. Place the wrapped beans on top of the napkin in the bowl. Pile the rolls in the bowl, then cover with the cloth napkin that is overhanging the bowl. This will keep your rolls warm without drying them out.
How do you reheat dinner rolls?
To reheat dinner rolls, set the oven to 300 degrees. Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the rolls are warm. The butter helps the tops from getting dried out.
When you need something a little less sweet and the ideal companion to Thanksgiving dinner or any fall dinner for that matter, this is the recipe you need. It’s a fool-proof!
Other Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
What you Need to Make Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Saigon Cinnamon: This is our favorite cinnamon. You can’t beat its flavor.
- Stand Mixer: You can knead this bread dough by hand, but I always find it easier to use a stand mixer with the dough hook.
- Red Star Platinum Yeast: My favorite yeast.
- 9”x13” Baking Pan: One of my most used kitchen pans.
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast (instant yeast)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Warm the milk in a bowl in the microwave for just about 1 minute until it is warm. Pour it into a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and salt, then stir the mixture. Allow it to sit until it is warm, but not too hot (if you have a thermometer, it should measure about 105-110 degrees in order activate the yeast). Add 1 package of instant yeast right to this milk.
- Add the softened (almost melted) butter, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir this well until it is all blended together.
- Gradually add in the flour,1 cup at a time. Add in the last 1/2 a cup and start to knead the dough with your hands until the last 1/2 cup of flour is incorporated in. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and continue to knead the bread for about 7 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Add a bit more flour as you need to during kneading. The dough should still feel sticky, but it will not stick to your hands.**
- Place this dough in a greased bowl and cover it. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it has doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Split the dough into 15 balls. You may have more or less depending on the size you make the rolls.
- Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Cover and rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.