Looking for an easy sugar cookie recipe? You can mix up these Refrigerated Sugar Cookies in just 5 minutes. Perfect for slice and bake cookies! If you love sugar cookies, see all of our recipes here.
Refrigerated Sugar Cookies
Sprinkles. They brighten my day.
Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies
Cookies do a pretty good job at making days less ominous, too. This refrigerated sugar cookie recipe is sure to come to your rescue many times in the future.
Because it is a slice and bake sugar cookie recipe that is deliciously simple. Just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to mix up the cookies themselves. Then you can refrigerate the cookie dough or even freeze it until you need it.
There’s one little hint I have to help your cookies to come out the best they can be.
After you have the dough mixed well, you’ll roll it into a thick log, about 8-10″ long. Be sure to pack this cookie dough roll tightly so you don’t end up with air pockets in your cookies. If you don’t pack the dough tightly, your cookies will spread more than you’d like.
Choose your favorite sprinkles and roll that dough back and forth in the sprinkles until the outside of the dough is completely covered. Then simply wrap the dough logs in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate Sugar Cookie Dough
Refrigerate this cookie dough for at least 2 hours, but you can leave it in the fridge for up to a week. If I’m not going to use the dough within a week, I store it in the freezer.
Slice and bake refrigerated sugar cookies…whenever the craving for cookies (or sprinkles) hits.
I originally shared this recipe on Real Housemoms.
Other Sugar Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Sugar Cookies
- Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies
- Lofthouse Style Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Almond Sugar Cookies
Refrigerated Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Dash of nutmeg
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until mixed well, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the flour and nutmeg.
- Mix just until combined (scraping down the sides once). Be careful not to overmix.
- Form the dough into a thick log (about 8-10" long. Press the log tightly together so that there are no air pockets in the cookie dough.
- Place a long sheet of plastic wrap on the counter or table.
- Place sprinkles on the plastic wrap.
- Roll the cookie dough log in the sprinkles until it is completely covered, adding more as needed.
- Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and unwrap it.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slices off the cookie dough log. Cut the slices 1/4" thick or a little less.
- Place the cookie dough slices on a baking sheet with a silicone mat (or lightly grease the cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or just until the cookies are set. Don't allow them to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.