These simple eggless almond sugar cookies are flavored with almond. They are one of our favorite family cookies and can be decorated to fit any occasion! If you love sugar cookies, see all of our recipes here.
Almond Sugar Cookies
Do you have little get-togethers with your family? We’re lucky to have family that lives nearby, but my mom’s side of the family lives a little farther away from us. So whenever we make the road trip up there, usually for a holiday or special occasion, we are sure to make some goodies to bring. This includes cinnamon rolls, peanut butter balls, or anything that we’ve made that needs to be eaten. Christmas is probably the best example- we always have more than enough sweets to snack on…all day, every day. Almost all our cookies get devoured, though, and these Almond Sugar Cookies are no exception.
Sugar Cookies without Eggs
The almond sugar cookies I’m going to share with you today can fit any occasion. They’re an easy mess to clean up. And they are eggless, so these are also good for those who can’t have eggs. These almond sugar cookies, in my opinion are the best “plain” cookie ever. Plain because they’re white and don’t have a strong flavor, but unique because they have the sweetness of almond flavoring inside. Mmmm!
Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles
Don’t you love rolling stuff in sugar? Cookie dough, doughnut holes, your finger- it’s just too good. Sprinkles are even better. You can roll these cookies in any kind of sugar or sprinkle to fit any occasion. Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and before you know it, you’re back to Christmas! There are so many possibilities for these cookies. You could plop them on the pan and just sprinkle sugar to save time, which will make for a puffier cookie. Or you can flatten them a bit like we did and make them fancy by rolling them in colored sprinkles or sugar. Can’t you tell I’m ready for spring with all these sprinkles?? Don’t worry…there’s more sprinkles to come!
Other Sugar Cookie Recipes
Almond Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar for rolling the cookies if desired
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the almond extract. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in sugar. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the bottom of a glass, slightly flatten the cookies.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 1 minute before removing them to a wire rack.
Adapted from Taste of Home