Super rich and chocolaty dulce de leche miniature brownies baked into a cupcake tin for a perfect bite sized treat. Top these bad boys with your favorite Dulce De Leche and you’ve got yourself the cutest little brownie treats!
I’m not sure about you guys, but is anyone willing to admit that they’ve “almost” devoured a whole pan of brownies, or plowed through that batch of cookies? I know you’re out there! I’m the type of girl who can’t hold back on the sweets.
This dulce de leche miniature brownies recipe is coming to your rescue! Bite size perfection.
What you’ll love about this recipe:
- bite-size treats when you need something just a little sweet
- quick brownie recipe
- sweet dulce de leche swirled on top
- perfect make ahead dessert for lunches or afternoon snacks
Are caramel and dulce de leche the same thing?
Both caramel and dulce de leche are boiled milk and sugar, but caramel tends to be more of a creamy solid while dulce de leche is thinner and more like sauce. But yes, they are very similar.
How to Make Dulce de Leche
You can buy dulce de leche in cans at the store, but it is much cheaper to make your own! Sugar & Soul has a great tutorial on making dulce de leche in the slow cooker with a can of sweetened condensed milk.
Tips for Making Mini Brownies:
- We used mini muffin pan that was nonstick. You can use paper liners if you’d like, but we found it wasn’t necessary with the pan we had.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Mix just until combined.
- Add in mini chocolate chips for an extra boost of chocolate. Or chopped pecans if you like nuts in your brownies.
- Don’t over bake the brownies. We found 13 minutes was just right for the perfectly soft, chewy brownies.
- Wait until the brownie bites cool before adding the dulce de leche or it will all run off.
Dulce de Leche Miniature Brownies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 14 ounces dulce de leche
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Prepare a nonstick mini muffin pan with cooking spray (or use paper liners).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs until combined.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, distribute the dough evenly among the cupcakes.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Try not to over bake these. You want them to stay chewy!
- Once they have cooled, pop them out of the tin and top with dulce de leche using a small star tip and icing bag.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.