Thick, peanut butter blends together with sweet marshmallow fluff in this Fluffernutter Dip. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or even apples for a delectable dip that everyone will love!
Some of you might have grown up with fluffernutter. Some, like me, may have never heard of it. Since I am such a peanut butter fan, then you are probably wondering why I’ve never heard of it. It certainly isn’t my fault. I would have posted a recipe using it long before now. This is one of those times when I wonder how many other delicious recipes mom has swimming in her head that she’s never told me???
Since last week when I first heard of fluffernutter, I have been in love with it. It is with pure happiness that I bring to you this amazing Fluffernutter Dip.
Let me show you how to make this amazing fluffernutter dip.
First, you’re going to make a mixture using powdered sugar, vanilla, 1 cup of peanut butter and 1/2 a stick of butter.
Once this mixture is mixed well, you’ll press it out into a 9 x 7 inch rectangle on a cookie sheet that has been covered with wax paper. Then you’ll want to pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes so the mixture gets firm enough to spread on the marshmallow fluff.
After you spread on the fluff, let it sit until it is almost back to room temperature, which for us was about 10 minutes. Fold the peanut butter mixture in half, trapping the marshmallow inside the peanut butter by pressing the edges of the peanut butter mixture together. Make sure it’s all pressed together as best as you can or you’ll have marshmallow fluff oozing out! Which, now that I think about it…is that really a problem?!
Here comes the fun part. Carefully mold your fluffernutter mixture into a ball. Then, if you want, roll it in mini chocolate chips to make it look as pretty as it tastes.
Use pretzels, graham crackers, or even apple slices to dip in this gooey peanut butter dip. The apples make it all healthy, right?
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pretzels, apple slices, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, etc. for dipping
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter and butter until well blended. Add in the vanilla and mix again. Then add in the powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until all of the powdered sugar is mixed in.
- Line a small cookie sheet with wax paper. Press the peanut butter mixture onto the wax paper, making a rectangle that is about 9"x7". The peanut butter will be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Put the cookie sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the peanut butter is firm, spread the marshmallow fluff on top, leaving 1/2 an inch of peanut butter showing on all sides of the rectangle. Allow the layers to sit for about 10 minutes to bring it closer to room temperature.
- Fold the layers in half and press the edges together, to enclose the marshmallow inside the peanut butter. Then gently mold the mixture into a ball, being careful to keep the marshmallow fluff hidden inside.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on the cookie sheet and roll the peanut butter ball in the chips, coating the outside.
- Wrap the ball tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.