Smoked Mozzarella Tomato Salad is a quick and easy healthy side dish to complement your summer picnics. You’ll love the combination of pepperoni, garlic, red onion, red wine vinegar and smoked mozzarella that creates a salad full of flavor!
We’re in the height of picnic season here, friends. What’s your favorite picnic food? One of mine is pasta salad. I love the zesty Italian flavors and fresh veggies paired with the meat and cheese. I’ve been trying to lower my carb intake and increase how much protein and veggies I eat the past year. It was my goal this summer to create an easy, healthy salad that was like my favorite pasta salad without the sugar and carbs. I’ve found it and am happy to share it with you today!
I’m also happy to share with you one of the most important parts of this salad, and that is the smoked mozzarella. They’ve got a soft, smooth smoky flavor. I know I need a quick protein snack most afternoons to carry me over until dinner. String cheeses are a great choice!
In this Smoked Mozzarella Tomato Salad, we kept things easy by using string cheese chopped into bite-size pieces. The smokiness of the cheese adds such a depth of flavor to the salad. And that smoked flavor paired with some turkey pepperoni? Unbeatable.
I impressed my hubby with this salad, too. I’m always a little hesitant to introduce healthy recipes to him, but he had several helpings of this one and finished the rest off for lunch the next day. That makes this one a winner!
Smoked Mozzarella Tomato Salad
- 3 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2.25 ounces sliced olives
- 6 string mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cucumber and olives. Cut the string cheese into bite size pieces. Add to the bowl along with the sliced pepperoni. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, garlic and seasoning. Pour over the salad and mix to coat.
- Refrigerate the salad until serving.