Strawberries & Cream Mini Parfaits: Macerated strawberries and a vanilla flavored whipped cream make up this light and tasty no bake dessert that is sure to please!
Here there! My name is Angela and I blog over at Mind Over Batter.com. I’m sooo excited to be visiting Julie, Maddie and the crew here at Lizzy T! I’m in someone else’s home, but I’d love to invite you to sit, relax, and flow with me as I share these Strawberries & Cream Mini Parfaits.
Can I be honest with you? Sometime I don’t feel like baking. Oh, don’t get me wrong – I love to bake. However, there are times (though rare) when I just don’t feel like turning on my oven. It gets HOT people! My living room window is currently stuck and turning on my oven will increase temps by a billion degrees. OK – I exaggerate. It gets hot, though. Trust me.
Because I love dessert (can I get a holler here?!) I love coming up with no bake varieties. No bake desserts are simple to whip up and very impressive. You can whip up a no bake dessert in no time and still have time to catch up on your laundry. I for one need that time. Can you say Laundry Mountain?
We are days away from spring – DAYS! And soon a bounty of berries and summer fruits will be decorating our markets. Let’s get a head start on that situation with these delicious strawberries & cream mini parfaits.
Macerated strawberries are the star of the show here. Macerating strawberries with a bit of sugar not only brings out the fruit’s lovely sweet/tart flavor, but allows it to release its gorgeous juices – which, if you so choose, can be used to flavor whipped cream.
I like to macerate strawberries for at least an hour, but you can do it for as long as you like. We’re chill here. Heavy cream is whipped and stabilized with confectioners’ sugar and favored with vanilla extract.
Then we layer. And immediately eat! It’s how we roll! This dessert is light, fruity, and gorgeous to look at.
I really hope you guys love these Strawberries & Cream Mini Parfaits as much as I do!
Strawberries & Cream Mini Parfaits
For the macerated strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups heaping of sliced strawberries
- 3-4 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the vanilla whipped cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
Macerate the strawberries:
- To a medium bowl, add the strawberries and sugar. Mix until the mixture is mostly combined. Set aside, covered in room temperature for at least 45 minutes.
Make the vanilla whipped cream:
- To a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (hand mixer works well too), over medium/high speed, whip the heavy cream until slightly thickened. *I like to whip it in several parts. When the heavy cream begins thicken slightly I add more heavy cream. This prevents you from over whipping. Increase the speed to high and whip until thickened and medium peaks form.
- Turn off the mixer and add the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract. Turn the mixer back to low speed and whip until the confectionersâ?? sugar is mostly combined. Increase the speed to high and whip until completely thickened and the mixture forms stiff peaks. Spoon into a large piping bag fitted with a large star or round tip and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare six 5 ounce dessert glasses or bowls. To mini dessert bowls (or glasseadd a couple of spoonfuls of macerated strawberries. Pipe vanilla whipped cream on top, followed by more strawberries. Top with vanilla whipped cream. Garnish with a strawberry.
- Makes six mini parfaits.
If you love this recipe, you’ll surely love some other no bake and half-baked varieties at Mind Over Batter!