Crispy, fruity and absolutely delicious this Strawberry Crisp is a fun and tasty treat that whips up in just a few minutes!
Strawberry Crisp Recipe
Spring is fast approaching. I can’t even hold back how excited I am for this! What’s the best thing about spring? All the fun spring desserts and flavors. One dessert that I’m literally addicted to is crisps! Um, fruit topped with a streusel topping? Heck yes! This Strawberry Crisp is absolutely one of my most favorite of all.
Crumb Topping for Crisp
Despite the fresh flavor of the fruit poking though, this Strawberry Crisp is super simple and quick to whip up! After the fruit is cut and sweetened, all you’ll need to do is make the oatmeal crisp. Mix together the flour, oatmeal, sugars, salt and melted butter, then crumble it on top of the fruit. Bake it up and watch that delicious crisp get golden brown brown. It’s really my favorite part of the dessert!
Cast Iron Skillet Dessert
Now I love making my crisps in my cast iron skillet. Not only do the skillets cook perfectly, they hold in heat and keep everything nice and warm longer!. Not to mention desserts in skillets are fun and everyone loves them! Now you don’t have to bake this in the skillet, any other 9”x9” dish will do just well.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp or Triple Berry Crisp
You can actually switch this recipe up however you like! Want to add some berries to this crisp? Go ahead add a few different types and it can be a triple berry crisp. Add a drizzle of lemon juice to your strawberries and you can give it a little citrus burst behind each bite. Add rhubarb for a strawberry rhubarb crisp.
Other Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Lime Cake
- Upside Down Strawberries and Cream Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry
- Strawberry Bread
So if you’re looking for something delicious, easy and seriously addicting, you might want to give this Strawberry Crisp a try. Not only will it not let you down, it will put smiles on every ones faces along with fill their bellies! Top with strawberry ice cream for extra strawberry flavor.
- 5 cups strawberries (sliced)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl mix together your strawberries, sugar and corn starch until combined, set aside.
- In another medium bowl mix together your flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar salt and butter and blend until coarse crumbs form.
- Grease a 9-10” cast iron skillet with shortening.
- Add in your strawberries and then top with your crumb mixture making sure it is spread evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how golden the top gets.
- Remove from oven and serve with ice cream if desired.
The calories shown are based on the recipe being divided 6 ways, with 1 serving being 1/6 of the strawberry crisp. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.