Full of dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and oatmeal, these Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are good enough for a breakfast treat! 🙂
White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Sometime between Christmas and New Year’s in our house, what’s left of the cookie plate is rapidly disappearing. Sometimes, I can find a peanut butter cookie on the plate, but usually the best ones are long gone. Basically what I’m trying to say is, I’m kinda sad that Christmas is over. Although, I still don’t have to do school for a while, which is really fun!
For Christmas this year and last year, Mom and I decided to make my grandpa a big bag of cookies. We add in all the usual Christmas cookies: snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies, caramel corn, and a few more things. This year we wanted to make something we knew he’d really like, which had to include raisins, nuts, and oatmeal. During the summer, I would often make him our Oatmeal Raisin Cinnamon Cookies. Since he really likes these, we made a “Christmas edition” called White chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. Basically saying, we revised it to make it taste more christmas-y.
Christmas-y is a word today.
Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries
These cookies are really interesting. I thought I wouldn’t like them- I’m not really a craisin/nut/oatmeal/white chocolate person. But I am more of an adventurous eater than I used to be, and discovered the wonderful world of oatmeal raisin cookies. Mmmm.
First, you get a great oatmeal and white chocolate cookie taste. You can’t even taste the nuts. I know I sound like a mom telling that to her kid, but it’s true. As soon as you’re about to gulp down your first bite, you get an amazing cranberry flavor. BOOM!
Aside from this cookie being a huge flavor bomb, it is a revision of our other oatmeal cookies, so this is old hat. I really like trying new recipes, but it’s really nice when I can whip up some great cookies in about 10 minutes.
Other Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- Iced Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Reese’s Oatmeal Cookies
- Honey Roasted Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips for drizzling tops of cookies optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and macadamia nuts. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10 minutes. Don't overbake them! Let them cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets before moving them to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle the melted chocolate over top the cookies. Store these in an airtight container.