Grandma’s pork chops and gravy are cooked to fork-tender perfection. Smothered with a simple gravy, these slow cooker pork chops are one of my grandma’s best pork chop recipes.
Grandma’s Pork Chops and Gravy
I am beyond blessed to have two grandmas (Maddie’s great-grandmas) that I still get to spend time with regularly. They’re both in their mid-90’s and I can only pray that I am doing as well as they are if I live to be 90. I have so many wonderful memories of them, both in the distant past and more recently.
One of my favorite memories from both are sitting around the dinner table together, enjoying a good meal. Their love of food, cooking and family has played a huge role in what has been passed on to me, and then on to Maddie.
I’m giving to you today and sharing with you a “Grandma” recipe. One I remember eating for the first time at her house. Made with love in her kitchen.
It’s a simple recipe, really, but one that we instantly fell in love with and have made countless times since then.
Grandma’s Pork Chops and Gravy. Comfort food, for sure.
The Best Slow Cooker Pork Chops
This is a “quick” slow cooker meal. This sounds slightly like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? Let me explain how to make quick slow cooker pork chops.
- When choosing fresh pork, choose boneless, New York top loin pork chops that are about 1″ thick.
- Make a mixture of 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Dredge the pork chops in the 4-ingredient blend and brown them in a hot, oiled skillet. Just 2-3 minutes on each side will be enough to give them a beautiful, golden brown color. Don’t skip this step. It deepens the flavor and makes the chops melt in your mouth. This step takes just under 15 minutes.
Easy Sauce for Pork Chops
After the pork chops are browned, simply place them in a slow cooker, cover them with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, which makes the best pork chop sauce ever. Thick, rich gravy! Cover the cooker and let them simmer away for about 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low. The temperature of the chops should be 160°F. They’ll be fork tender, easy for people of all ages to eat and love.
What to Serve with Pork Chops
The gravy is perfect over a side of mashed potatoes. Serve with a vegetable for a side dish and dinner rolls.
I’m pretty sure this will become one of your new family favorites.
Looking for a healthier version of this recipe? Try our Paleo Pork Chops!
Pork Chops and Gravy
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless New York top loin pork chops (about 8)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, dry mustard and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture and place them in the hot skillet.
- Allow them to brown for 2-3 minutes, then flip the pork chops to brown them on the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Place the browned pork chops in a slow cooker.
- Pour two cans of cream of chicken soup over the pork chops.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-5 hours, until the temperature of the pork reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer.
- Serve immediately.