Follow us on Pinterest: Tastes of Lizzy T
Today is a special day.
We’re sharing with you one of our favorite cinnamon roll recipes!
I don’t know about you, but cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite breakfasts. Well, besides muffins. Sometimes I wake up and want something gooey, cinnamony, and really unhealthy. Actually, I wake up thinking that every morning, but on a rare occasion do I get to satisfy my craving. If it were up to me, I would want a yummy sweet roll warmed up for me every morning. Right beside my muffin:)
This Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls recipe is actually pretty easy once you get the dough done. The dough isn’t that hard, either, but the best part is when you get to slather on some apple butter, butter, and brown sugar. Roll it up, cut it up, let it rise, and bake it!
When you take them out of the oven, beware! Your kids will crowd around the pan, waiting until it cools off. I did it, too. Even though I still had to wait to eat them, it was just good to smell these amazing rolls.
The decadent frosting on the top is only 4 ingredients: Cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Trust me, you might want to stick it somewhere you won’t eat it so you can actually put it on the rolls.
It’s that good. And it will melt in your mouth.
If you like ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls with a hint of apple flavor, you’re going to want to make these rolls soon. Your kids will thank you!
Have fun making these!
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons yeast
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup apple butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the warm milk and the yeast to a stand mixer bowl. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until yeast is activated. Add the egg, butter, salt, sugar and flour. With with dough hook, beat on low for 2 minutes until the dough is combined and forms a ball. Then let the dough hook knead the dough on medium speed for about 6-7 minutes. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a 10x20 rectangle. Spread the butter and apple butter to cover the dough. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the top, then roll it up like a jelly roll. Cut it into 9 slices (about 2 inches each) and place them into a 9x9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Set the pan of cinnamon rolls in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes. After they are done rising, bake them at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- While they are cooling, make the frosting. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Beat until well blended.
- Spread the frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls.