This Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad is an easy-to-prepare side dish perfect with sandwiches. A quick summer salad recipe for picnics!
Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe
The summer seems to quickly be coming to a close. I’m spending the week planning the school year for the kids. This is our third year homeschooling, and I gain confidence each year. The few weeks before school starts is always the same though…completely overwhelming!
I couldn’t let the summer go by without sharing our favorite Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad. Although I love our potato salad recipe like none other, there are times when I need a quick side dish. I love this recipe because there’s no peeling & chopping potatoes. There’s no dressing to mix. This is just a simple 5 ingredient salad that your family will love.
We like our macaroni salad with elbow macaroni, tuna, peas, hard boiled egg, and Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise). That’s it!
You can, of course, add in other ingredients if you’d like…celery, cucumber, onion, green pepper. You can even add in a little bit of spices if you’d like…salt, pepper, mustard. Go ahead and add in what you’d like to.
We keep ours simple, though. And if there is one leftover that I love, it’s leftover macaroni salad. I really could eat it forever.
This is a great recipe for a crowd, too. Just double or triple it depending on the amount of people you want to feed! This recipe feeds about 10 people. Try it for you for your next picnic!
Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 large hard boiled eggs diced
- 10 ounces tuna fish drained
- 15 ounces peas drained or defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the macaroni noodles according to the package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Add in the diced hard boiled eggs, tuna, peas and Miracle Whip. Mix well. Store in the fridge until serving.
- Optional add-ins: salt, pepper, mustard, celery, onion, cucumber. You can add in just about anything you'd like!