Only 6 ingredients, this easy crockpot ranch pork chops recipe is a family favorite. Creamy sour cream ranch gravy is delicious over potatoes.
October is here and I’m ready for all comfort food! The slow cooker is good any time of the year, but I especially love using on cool fall mornings so I can smell my warm dinner cooking all day long.
My grandma was known for her slow cooker pork chops and gravy. When we visited her house, we almost always had these fork tender pork chops and mashed potatoes. Today I’m sharing a ranch version of my grandma’s pork chops. The ingredients changed just slightly, but they are an upgrade for the ranch lovers in our family.
Thanks to the Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this post and allowing us to share this pork chop recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- made in the slow cooker
- golden brown seared chops with ranch seasoning
- 3 ingredient creamy ranch gravy
- slow cooked to fork tender
Ingredients for Ranch Pork Chops
- Oil for frying. Coconut oil, canola or vegetable oil. You choose your favorite.
- Boneless pork chops. Choose pork chops that are at least 3/4-inch thick so they don’t cook too quickly in the slow cooker.
- All-purpose flour. This is for breading the chops. You could use an all-purpose gluten free flour if you’d like.
- Ranch salad dressing mixes. Get two envelopes for a total of 2 ounces. Or make your own homemade ranch dressing mix.
- Condensed cream of chicken soup. Or you can use mushroom soup if you’d like. Cheddar cheese soup or cream of potato soup would be amazing too!
- Sour cream. I recommend full fat sour cream for the best flavor and texture.
Do you have to sear meat before slow cooking?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions. Why? Because it takes an extra step and dirties an extra pan. So is searing before slow cooking really worth it? We say it is. Searing the chops brings out flavor and also caramelizes the outside of the pork chops. Plus, it looks prettier with that golden brown color, even after simmering all day in the slow cooker.
How to Make Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- Flour. In a small bowl, combine the flour and 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix. Dredge chops in the flour mixture to coat.
- Sear. Heat oil in skillet. Add chops to the hot skillet and cook until lightly browned, then flip and brown on the other side. Place the browned chops in a slow cooker.
- Mix. In a small bowl, combine the condensed soup, sour cream and remaining ranch powder mix. Mix well. Spoon the creamy mixture over the pork chops.
- Slow Cook. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low or until the chops are pork tender.
What to Serve with Ranch Pork Chops
There are several different side dishes we like to serve with these pork chops.
- Starchy Side Dish: Creamy mashed potatoes, rice, roasted potatoes or make cauliflower rice for a low carb version.
- Vegetable Side Dish: Broccoli, green beans or roasted asparagus are 3 of our favorite green veggies.
- Fruit Side Dish: Sparkling fruit salad or sugared walnut fruit salad.
- Dinner Rolls: Buttery soft rolls, sourdough rolls, or double up the ranch with our ranch rolls.
Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ranch salad dressing mixes (1 ounce each)
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix.
- Dredge chops in the flour mixture to coat.
- Add chops to the hot skillet and cook until lightly browned, then flip and brown on the other side.
- Place the browned chops in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the condensed soup, sour cream and remaining ranch powder mix. Mix well.
- Spoon the creamy mixture over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low or until the chops are pork tender.
Other Pork Chop Recipes
If your family loves pork chops, give one of these favorites a try!