This quick pistachio bread is made from a cake mix and pudding mix. You’ll love the cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle and the cinnamon sugar topping. It’s great as a breakfast bread, but also as a dessert!
The year is flying by!
I really can’t wait for spring to arrive. Warm weather is almost here, and summer is on its way. I’m really tired of hearing of all those schools being canceled because of snow. The down side of homeschooling…no snow days! It makes me jealous until I realize I will finish faster than everyone else-yippee!
One positive of homeschooling that I love is the free late afternoon hours, after school work is done. I usually do one of three things- bake, read, or do something with my brother and sister. It was on one of these afternoons when Mom and I decided to try cinnamon streusel pistachio bread.
It took me under 15 minutes to get this bread in the oven. That is super quick! It starts with a cake mix. I love cake mixes- so easy to doctor up into something amazingly delicious. You add in water, eggs, oil, sour cream, and dry pistachio pudding mix, which gives it the slight green color. I really didn’t know it would turn green as soon as I poured in the mix, so I was kind of surprised and excited. Green bread is so much more fun than just plain bread, don’t you think?
Alright, I told you that it took under 15 minutes to get this into the oven, but the part that is always hardest is waiting the 40-50 minutes while the bread bakes in the oven. And the aroma that you get when this bread is baking? Cinn-a-mazing!
St Patrick’s day is coming up, and this bread is sure to be a prize winner for your friends and family for any time of day- breakfast, dessert, afternoon snack, midnight snack even. I know you’ll love it!
Yields 2 loaves
This cinnamon streusel pistachio bread is made from a cake mix and pudding mix. You'll love the cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle and the cinnamon sugar topping.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 package Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 small package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs oil, pudding mix and sour cream. Beat until all of the ingredients are well blended into a thick batter.
- Grease and flour two 9x5" bread loaf pans. Spread half of the batter into the two greased loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sugar streusel.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the batter (keep the other half of the streusel aside for the topping), dividing it between the two pans.
- Repeat the layers, adding the remaining bread batter and the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. The exact time will depend on the size of your loaf pans. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool before you remove it from the pans.
- If you'd like a simple glaze on top, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and a few tablespoons of milk or heavy cream in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. If you warm the drizzle for 5-10 seconds in the microwave, it will be easier to drizzle without watering it down too much.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread, slice and serve!
- Store in an airtight container.